In this interview from Therapist Uncensored, Dr. Tina Payne Bryson talks with Sue Marriott, co-host of Therapist Uncensored, about attachment insecurity and secure parenting. In this interview Dr. Bryson covers a number of topics, including:
- parenting when you don’t have a secure background yourself;
- why constructing a coherent narrative is not really enough, and what needs to be added to the equation;
- what healthy integration really means;
- how healthy integration helps us navigate under stress and in the heat of an argument; and,
- the role of the body over the mind in creating the bottom line, a healthy regulation of self to help others.